Saturday, December 05, 2009

Saturday

Someone told me there was a programme on the radio this morning where two authors were discussing the pros and cons of using a word processor or writing by hand. The guy who used the word processor wrote 3000 words a day, the one who wrote by hand .. 600. Both were a bit fazed by computers. I know two people like that .. one who's just written two books using a word processor .. the other .. my dear friend who writes by hand who writes about 500/600 too.

I don't find any difference between the two .. some people have said they find that words flow more easily when writing by hand. and that's why they don't use a computer .. but that's why they write rather than type. Both men said they weren't at all technical .. like a lot of us. I don't know why but I'm a bit that way round computers though I've been picking up what I'm told pretty easily for the last month or so .. it was impossible before then because I was just so hazy from the problems moving down and the extra pain seemed to cause .. was why other people were offering to write and research for me .. but things seem to be picking up now.

Though not this morning .. thought I was going to have to call an ambulance because of the pain .. but it's eased off some again. Wasn't sure what to do .. could hardly move but didn't want to go to A and E if it was just going to pass because I knew I'd probably be admitted anyway. So just sat there for a couple of hours and it did improve .. not back to normal yet but much better than it was. I'll mention it to my doc next week.