Saturday, February 06, 2010

Saturday

I slept better than usual Dozed off during the evening for a couple of hours and then slept for another five or so in the early morning.

Was thinking back over my music when I woke up and realised that I'd forgotten the two or three years I spent trying to find some new age music that I liked. I bought quite a few cds over those years but didn't really find anything that I liked that much though I knew that there must be music that sounded a bit like this that I would like.

As no one I knew was very interested in it I was left out on a limb a bit. Never did find anything that I really loved or even really liked that much. Time has moved on and there's been a huge growth in that type of music and it's veered more towards things I like than it used to. Well, as far as I know .. probably managed to miss something at the time. I just followed reviews in a new agey magazine and was probably a bit too swayed by pictures of crystals and dream catchers etc on the cds covers!!!

Not talking about spacey music by people like The Orb and Spacemen 3 but albums that had names like .. say .. Mystic Quartz or Wolverine's Star Dreams and were described as new age. Don't know why but I just couldn't get into it. Nor the music that was described as ambient at the time either.