Friday, November 25, 2005

Relaxation and music

I woke up yesterday with music playing in my head. It was really relaxing and I just let it play. Hoped the same would happen this morning but it didn't. Anyway I've bought a couple of relaxation cds, one for the body and one for the mind today. Played one of them and found that it really does relax me, felt different from the previous morning, but then I guess New Age music and a guided meditation would have a different effect to the rock music my mind was playing while I was asleep!! I guess it's what I've listened to the most so it's what I get. I actually find rock relaxing, I very rarely play New Age music, used to a few years ago but never really got in to it. The music on the relaxation cd I played was really pleasant though. The cd lasted for 40 minutes. To start with there was a 10 minute guided relaxation, then 10 minutes of pleasant New Age type music, followed by another 10 minute guided relaxation and then finishing up with 10 minutes of different music which again was very nice. I joined in for the first guided meditation and then just listened to the rest while I surfed the net. I felt a bit floaty at times, but that might've been because I'm not that well at the moment and am feeling quite tired. By the time it finished though my mind was quite still and I was relaxed. I hadn't expected it to have such an effect on me.

In fact I really was quite surprized as when I've tried this kind of relaxation before I generally don't feel as if I've relaxed that much. Often I just get restless. I'll try again tomorrow.

The cd's produced by Gaiam and called 10 minutes to relax .... BODY.

I mean different things suit different people and I guess that other people find the cds that I didn't find very relaxing useful and maybe won't find this as good. But still that's the one I've used.

This is where you can find them on the net in the UK. Found their USA page first so they don't just sell here.

http://www.gaiam.co.uk/products.asp?cID=25