Friday, December 02, 2005

Completion

I'm giving a date for the completion of the selling of the flat to my solicitor next week. Be early to mid Jan. I'd've gone earlier if I hadn't been so ill. There've been other problems.I'm giving the furniture away and a bereavement has slowed things down there. But as there will now be a few weeks to go I can wait with no problems. All in all the date has worked out for the best for everyone closely involved one way or another.

Well I leave here with more experience under my belt. I suppose I must be very different from the person that arrived here to look after someone who was ill. I'm glad that I made that decision. It's not just what I gave the other person but I'm pleased with what I've learnt here. Most of which I couldn't have predicted, and that which I'd've realised that I was going to get has probably turned out much deeper than I could ever have imagined.

Different faces in my mind from when I came here. I know that I've touched quite a few lives. I'm leaving here with new friends.

The blogs?!!! Well, if I hadn't been here in this situation it'd've never have occured to me to start one I don't think. Maybe I would have. Who knows, but I don't think so.

When I think why I started journalling. Snort. Ha ha ha ha ha. You just do not know. Or well, most of you won't. Shakes head. Eyes cross. De cross. Cross. De cross. Cross. De cross.

Maybe blogging would've attracted me in the end though. I just do not know.

Thinking back to the first time I got off the train here and walked up the High Street. Probably wearing a pair of striped hippy trousers, some hippyish t shirt and my bags slung over my shoulders. It's possible I might've been more conventionally dressed the first time I came up. Can't remember.

I had been very ill and was also recovering from some unpleasant injuries. My memory was blown but I had enough coping skills to see me through and make me competent enough to do what needed doing here. Life had seen to that.

I thought I'd just be up occasionally to start off with. I had no idea what the illness I was coming up to help with really meant. None at all. I wish things hadn't turned out the way they had. But at least I was able to cope with what happened. I got better as time went on and have recovered to how I am now. Just having to recover from what I did to myself now huh.

I am eating a very healthy dinner. Yes, I know it's 10.00 here. I didn't get in til quite late I guess.

Well, now I know roughly when I'll be going.

I'm glad that I chose to do what I did.

Yeah.