Friday, December 02, 2005

Information

Some of the stuff I put up is just to give information to people if they want to go out and find out more. And sometimes I write just to put out information. I said I wouldn't write about anything which seemed revn remotely esoteric here but I'll put this up as I've posted on one of the boards I'm on. In fact I'm just copying it.

......................

I have quite a few too but will just write about this one. It's something that made my mother's passing a bit easier for her I'd think.

My mother was scared of dying. She'd lived her last years with a number of unpleasant conditions which made her life very difficult. A couple of days before she died I took her in a cd which I thought was going to be a wave lapping relaxation cd, she liked that kind of thing and we often listened to sea with music, birdsong with music,animal sounds with music. She was suffering from dementia, just one of her conditions, and she often used to think that we were by the sea or out in ther country near a farm and it relaxed her.

I put this cd on and it turned out to be a meditational journey up a river to your own special place, a place of peace. When I realised what it was I was quite worried because I realised the connection between this kind of journey and dying and my mum wasn't that far out of it all the time not to be able to make the connection herself.

She sat there listening intently and saying yes, yes to what she was hearing and it became obvious that she thought she was listening to something supernatural and that she was being given instructions for her journey. I left the room for a while and when I came back she gave me this happy and knowing look. For the next couple of days she was much more relaxed than usual and the fear seemed to have gone. She died peacefully in her sleep about a couple of days after hearing the cd.

And believe me it was a release. She was just about to go into a really dreadful stage of her illness.


That was the first post and then I wrote this later on in reply.


The first couple of sentences are in reply to something else.

Something has been going on. It's possible. What happened here was that my mum was very, very ill and just going into a dreadful stage of her illness. She had a number of appalling illnesses and her skin had started to degrade because she had skin cancer. She'd have soon been bed bound which would've meant there would be pressure where the skin was going. She was in a lot of pain and her mind was going. There was a lot more too. She had fought to stay alive. I had seen someone who had ended up as she was going to, demented and more or less totally paralysed. This person didn't have all her other problems. I couldn't bear to think of her in this condition. I'd said a couple of days before she died "Please let her go" "Don't make her go through this" She'd already suffered so much and the next stage was going to be even worse.

Picked up a cd I'd bought earlier. I had a collection of cds , you know rainfall, sea and things like that which I used to take in to play. I hadn't taken this one in before and had no idea what it was, just thought it was another naturey relaxation cd.

It was different and took her on that journey that gave her peace.


She died two days later peacefully in her sleep.