Thursday, December 08, 2005

From ballet to rock

Let's just say it wasn't difficult. I didn't like listening to classical music, playing classical music (we won't go there), or dancing to classical music. I didn't like watching ballet and I didn't like dancing ballet or character dancing. I didn't like having to dance in blocks dancing something I didn't like. Or for that matter Greek dancing. Someone had been a fan of Isadora Duncan and it wasn't me.

So,there's really no need to draw complicated charts. It was a pretty straight line. Kind of went The Stones Route 66 through to Deep Purple gathering folk, blues, country and West Coast music on the way. Probably quite a lot of other bits and pieces too. And I've never looked back.

I actually find some classical music a lot more shall we say psychedelic than psychedelic rock. I find it much stranger. I find some of the music, not much, just some, can do strange things with my brain cells. Really weird music. I just can't get into it. I've listened to a lot of classical music, old and new and I just don't want to sit and listen to it. Now electric guitars and electric violins playing rock that's a different story. Just thinking of that violin in The Flock's music.

Music does a lot to me. It just pulsates through my body and through my mind. I knew my mind was clearing last night when the music I was playing wasn't just getting my body moving but was also picking out the brain cells in my mind. Some guitar solos!!!

Not that it lasted long. Just bugged out with tiredness pretty soon. But long enough to know it's still all there for when I get well.