Monday, December 05, 2005

The difference

What I was tallking about yesterday wasn't anything to do with the problems that I had here before. I'd mentioned in my old blog that I'd been called on the street for quite some time here, long before I started writing here. Long before I had a blog. I'd said that it didn't worry me really because I didn't find it a problem really. Y'know you expect it to happen occasionally. It got worse though and I finally decided to say something. Why not.

The problems first started because people appeared to think I was a hippie. I talked to someone about it and they told me that there'd been people living on the outskirts of town who were hippies at one time and she thought they thought I was one of them. I also wore a ring on my ring finger on my right hand so they realised I was gay (ish) after a while too.

I noticed though as time went on that there was another sort of harrassment and I thought it was happening to deliberately provoke me into writing on my blog about it so I didn't. I was proved right.

I'm not going to say that it's ok what happened because that'd just be setting someone else up wouldn't it. Like that poor kid I read about in the paper who'd been bullied for years at school here and nothing had been done about it. Or someone else around town. I mean it wasn't just a few of the kids. On the child front I believe the local schools are going to join together to try and help children now.

I gave quite a bit to this town, more than just the money and goods I gave to the care home. I'm ok with it though. The care home's fantastic and I got to know the staff and the residents there and I just wanted to help as much as I could. The rest is ok too.

When I came back from getting the food shopping in this afternoon there was a rainbow in the sky which just seemed like a celebration of today. Quite a landmark huh. And yesterday evening I went just a little way into the Gardens, the bit on the other side of the road from the Common and I saw the low crescent moon and it seemed to have a very large star above it which was very pleasant. I don't remember much about the night sky and it's a long time since I've really gone out there and looked, apart from just occasionally, and for all I know it might've been a satelitte. But probably is a star I guess. Was really nice standing there in the dusk, just by gates, looking at the moon and the star and the silhouettes of the trees. There was a slight perfume in the air too,I guess from the trees. I just stood there for a while looking at it all.