Monday, December 19, 2005

Mucha

Found a t shirt in the local animal charity shop that has a Mucha drawing on it with the flower in the woman's hair embroidered on it. I remember seeing another one sometime ago but it was tiny, this one's just the right size, slightly on the baggy side maybe.

I sometimes copy Mucha's art. Like doing kind of psychedelic art along with science fiction type too. Drew yesterday, wasn't meaning to. Can't remember what I was doing but I was here with a biro and a pad of paper and just started. Drew a woman's face from the side, gave her a long plait and kind of elfin ears and just decorated it all a bit.

Talking about Mucha takes me back to the early 70's cause I had some badges decorated with Mucha's art, also had a few decorated with psychedelic mushroom pictures at the same time. As far as I know I've still got them. Hope they're with the few copies of Spare Rib that I've saved from the time. Well, I say saved, they've just somehow stayed around. The badges I just liked and kept.


Alphonese Mucha

http://beautyandruin.com/findesiecle/mucha.php