Friday, February 24, 2006

And this is part of the reason ....

And what I've just written about is why when the home were lied about I was there straight away to help them.

Well, much more than just that.

Saw the article on Friday, went over on Saturday to find a very unhappy situation, was back on Monday to speak to the manager to find out what had happened and what the truth of the situation was. I couldn't believe what I'd read because it was in contrast to what I'd experienced there.

When I was satisfied that the article was wrong I told them what the two options were. Spoke to the owner of the home. And we proceeded from there. There was enough documentation to prove the home was in the right, and infact the area inspectors informed the paper that the article was incorrect. The follow up they printed didn't reverse the damage done so further steps could and had to be taken.

The Press Complaints Commission found in favour of the home and they got their apology, front page leader, retraction and a two page article showing the home in its real light.