Sunday, February 12, 2006

Feeling much better

..... though still not fully recovered.

My mood has lifted quite a bit. And my muscles are continuing to relax.

I've been out for a bit of a walk because I just wanted to move again. Not well enough to sort of feel the need to dance but what I wasn't doing was playing out in my head for a while.

And I've found it much easier to read today than I have for quite a while.

The two things combined remind me of a small article I read in The Times sometime during this illness about an apparently unusual gene that has been recently found that is seen as a dancing gene. It's a gene that is related to dance.

And I guess I felt a wave of recognition as I read the article. I've known for some time that it's likely that my brain produces quite a lot of serotonin. Apparently it's one of the things that is one of the factors of the gene and from what the article said is shows itself in being rather communicative and er...... spiritual. Well, I'm certainly communicative I guess. As far as being spiritual goes I guess I'm not really quite sure what spiritual means. But I guess I have my interest in the philisophical side of Buddhism that might come under the term. There was something else too if I remember rightly that I identified with but I can't remember what it is.