Saturday, June 23, 2007

Careful

I'm very careful about taking my pills now after someone from home phoned the other night when I was taking them. I was taking the steroid sparing drugs which are very strong pills and after I put the phone down couldn't remember if I'd put out two or put out three and taken two. I would've been ok if I'd taken an extra one but this is very strong stuff and it's not something you'd want to be doing too often I suspect. They are actually drugs that are used to stop rejection after organ transplants as well as coping with my illness.

I'm not sure about the MST either as I'm on a high dose of that too so from now on it's all monitored very carefully. I might go and get a pill box to sort them out in every morning because this is strong stuff. You can get distracted as I found out. Didn't think I would after so long, but I did.

Bought some reduced notebooks from The Works to start getting on with things again. Bought a little language set from there for £2.99. 300 words to learn which is something to be getting on with while I'm being got through this. And, I think it's enough at the moment!!!!

You can always rely on The Works to come up with something though!!!!

And, there's no point getting down about things. Yeah, the illness is nasty, the pain's bad but as I said in the hospital I just get on with things. Obviously .. the best I can. It was very difficult when I first came out of hospital but now that I'm feeling a bit better, medication changed a bit, getting through that difficult time is making it easier to cope with now.

I think if I hadn't fought and coped how I did then things would be a lot harder now. But that's just me. I guess other people react differently and have other ways of getting through and coping that suits them better. Different things for different people.

The rain's stopped. Guess I better go and get some tinned tomatoes. I have veg and tins of lentils etc. Though when I'm a bit better they'll be exchanged for dried ones. Soak, cook and freeze them.