Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The honey

I was explaining on a board that I didn't spread the honey on anything but a rice cake .. or was it an oat cake!!!

It hasn't healed the auto immune illness. In fact it's because of that I don't eat it all the time just incase it counteracts the effects of the steroids and steroid sparing drugs.

It's just for when I have an infection. This time I had a cold and some phlegmn. Taking the medication I'm on can make it worse. I hadn't been down the doctor for any antibiotics but was just about to ring him up.

Remembered what I'd been told about the honey. Bought some, ate some .. and the phlegmn cleared up in a few hours. And the cough was very much better

Didn't make an appointment.

Told doctor at hospital and found out that he knew about it being used in the treatment of wounds.

Didn't google it until I was told about the sore throat and sinus problem clearing up over night and that the numbers 10+ etc referred to the antiseptic quantity in the honey.

Then thought if I was careful it'd be good to try when I get sore throats and things like that in the future.