Monday, July 09, 2007

Hail

I was on the phone to someone in London today and they were telling me about the hail storm in South London two or three weeks ago, sheets of hail rolling everywhere, covering everything in white. Didn't sound like anything I'd seen before and I'd've loved to've seen it. It must've been quite spectacular to've stuck in someone's mind like that. Very different anyway.

Some people say it's going to be a wet summer overall in the UK .. well, it's lived up to that so far but there's a way to go yet. It's raining now .... no hail though. It was quite nice when I went out a little while ago but by the time I was on my way back the clouds were filling up the sky and it looked as if we were in for some rain ... again (and again and again and again and again). I got in with about 10 minutes to spare I reckon. And we were. I'd taken my brolly with me ... on the off chance but it's nicer to be in.

So, there we go, talking about the weather again. I would like to've seen that hail storm though.

The phone call wasn't just about the weather. They said that they'd teach me a few things that I've forgotten how to do on the computer when I get back to London. I was going to try and teach myself but I think it's easier to have someone show you really.

And ofcourse amongst everything else we talk about my illness .. and other things .. and on and on and on and on.

Which reminds me of the article about whether men speak more than women, t'other way round or if it's much the same. I think they reckoned that men, in general, probably use less words per day than women, but not as many less as they though a while back when this was being researched before. I'd thought of some of the men I know when the last bit of research came out and had thought it wasn't very reflective of people I talk to now. I also thought that some people I know have changed quite drastically over the years as far as conversation goes, some speak more, some less.

Well, it's brightening up out there now and there's a mixture of light grey and dark grey clouds and all in all it's brighter. Still raining though.