Friday, July 06, 2007

Plants and medicine

I suppose, in some ways, the effect of the honey was one of the most interesting things to happen in me life then. One moment I was all broncial from a summer's cold, probably made worse by the steroids because my steroids can have this effect, then after eating some of the honey, the worst of it cleared up.

Might have been a coincidence, but considering I'd been like that for a week and a half with no sign of improvement, rather the opposite infact .... I was very bunged up .... I'd say there could be a connection. Especially as it's known to have healing qualities.

I now have to try the herbal pain relief I guess. No reason why it shouldn't have some effect I suppose, many medicines are derived from plants such as aspirin from the willow:

http://www.botgard.ucla.edu/html/botanytextbooks/economicbotany/Salix

Who knows what remedies have yet to be found. The destruction of parts of the rain forest upset some people because they thought medicinal plants might've been lost that no-one had even known about.

There have been worries about over harvesting in the wilds too and cultivation of crops has been recommended so that plant species aren't lost. Not as likely as losing plants to deforestisation though I guess.

I take quite a variety of medicines now and I'm just slightly worried that the herb to help with the pain relief might affect some of the medicine I'm already taking and reduce it effects. But seeing what it does this is probably unlikely. Anyway, it'd soon be obvious if it did so I'll give it a try. This isn't exactly a silent illness. I will take it with food.

(worry .. worry .. worry .. worry!!!!) Well, the honey worked well.

Taken my weekly bone sparing pill. It is very important that this pill is taken at least half an hour before food. It has been!!!! Not quite sure why this is though I do know that it reacts badly with dairy products and won't work so effectively but I think there's probably more to it than that.