Monday, August 03, 2009

Herbs etc

I have to say that my scepticism has gone. I've sorted out my teas .. well, roughly. I'm realistic about them .. they've done a lot for me and my friends. Obviously you have to spend time researching to find out what you think will be the best for you as an individual. Thinking about the meds you're on etc.

I wisg I could drink loads of liquorice tea everyday for the rest of my life .. but obviously that's out so the best think to do is to try to find something to blend with it that I can use when really needed and other blends to carry me through the rest of the time.

My friends are still feeling a bit whoozy but the bugs gone. I've another couple of people down with it now with mild flu symptoms again .. one is on a small dose of the corticosteroids I'm on. No-one seems to be getting the awful headache people have described .. but are noticing more gunge of various descriptions than they'd expect.

I drink herbal concoctions usually now .. whereas before I just drank tap water. Well, it's a medicine to me. Bung a mixture of herbs and spices into my mug .. some in teabags .. others out of packs of herbs and spices. .. have got some made up at Neal's Yard .. the only really unusual one I've got is mullein I guess. I have a bag of mixed spice too ... lol!!! I don't know if that's different depending on who makes it. Bags of tumeric/ginger and garlic .. oh, and, ofcourse .. culinary star anise .. though I really think that's more use for an upset tummy than for the flu. It used to be used to make tamiflu but they use a quicker process using something else now though Roche are still keeping the method they used to get the Tamiflu ingredient out of the star anise a secret. .

You never know though!!! Maybe when combined with tumeric and mullein it quickly tells the flu where to go .. who knows .. or, maybe a combination of white tea/liquorice and ginger will.

Bung it all down!!!

Add a bit of beet juice and/or an orange.

It's certainly helped my friends. Pretty sure both their illnesses would've been much worse without the teas. Certain with one.

I know there are lots of things you can do .. just have to work to find out what they are I guess. I suppose some people that I don't know have used other things that I haven't.

I've sadly found out, on one board today, that someone was going around lying about the herbs and spices and the flu .. we were led to believe that a person was laid up in hospital on a ventilator or something .. but then, by chance, found out that there was no one in that condition in that hospital with the flu !!!!! Guy had also said that he'd been ill with a raging headache etc .. turned out that he hadn't been ill at all.

Well, I'm off to bed now.