Thursday, July 30, 2009

Good night

One of the things that annoyed me a little was that I couldn't really find out what a "mild" illness really meant as far as this flu went.

I think it often starts off with a sore throat and a bit of a stonking headache. Not sure how many people get this gunge .. if it was the flu my friends had .. I've now heard of someone else who had the same symptons .. she had a tummy ache and fluey aches and pains in the muscles that seem to go with this illness and is still feeling very weak and achy but is otherwise ok. She had loads of this transparent gunge. TMI .. but if you bend down it is so strong it can just hand there from ur nostrils for minutes.

Well, it certainly sounds like an odd virus .. does sound like the flu. One of friends has slight buzzing in the head too .. I guess that's from having a bit of a temperature. I remember one year, many, many years ago .. getting the flu and being kept awake by a very loud buzzing in my head .. after that I didn't sleep well for about eight years. I didn't have anything in the house to bring my temperature down and it came on in the middle of the night so had to wait til morning to get something unfortunately. It did slowly improve but the fever must've affected my sleep centre very badly. Think it's best to be prepared!!! I'd generally slept well for quite a few years upto then. It really was a very loud buzzy kind of shrieking noise .. the result of a high fever. It only lasted an hour or two but it did some damage to my sleep centre which could possibly have been avoided if I'd had something to take to bring my fever down.

I had a temperature of around 103 degrees and should really have called a doctor in I guess.

Bit of info here .. it's advertising but it does seem to give some useful information.

http://www.superliving.co.uk/pharmacy/your-health/temperature-fever.html

Anyway .. off to bed now.