Saturday, September 05, 2009

The mouse

Had a little mouse sitting with me last night after my friend had gone to bed. It was so tame .. not scared at all unless I stamped my foot nearest to it .. then it'd run away for a minute or so .. then come back. I was very tempted to pick it up .. it didn't mind me bending over to have a closer look etc.

I was very tempted to keep it as a pet. I know people many years ago used to catch them, clean them up, and keep them as pets, Read about it in a book about keeping mice .. but it's just not practical as things are at the moment.

Guess the little mouse was getting ready to hibernate and looking for food .. but, if you're not going to keep them, you can't encourage them cause of the hygiene problem. Done it .. know about it. And you can't put food down near mouse holes really cause you just end up encouraging more mice .. and more mice.

S/he was quite a plump little mouse so it's doing fine on the food front.