Tuesday, November 24, 2009

J and E

Awwwwww!!! Missing Jedward so soon??? Of course ... naturally. First time I'd seen the show and they brought a smile to my face every time they appeared. OK .. maybe they needed a bit of coaching to sing and dance a bit more in unison and harmony .. now and then. I'd walk over to watch when John and Edward were on .. well, because it was just so much fun but would be away from the TV just listening to the rest of the show for the most part.. and I'd catch bum notes from other singers that people intent on watching often seemed to miss. Cept from Joe generally and I'd think that sometimes the music would over ride peoples voices or there was a bit of flatness to it that people weren't so aware of when the people were performing but were more likely to notice in later snippets.

The twins just used to cheer me up and bring a smile to my face and they did sound alright quite a bit of the time too .. which I thought was amazing really considering they were generally racing round the stage, hoping to keep in time and harmonize with each other doing something they'd only had a few days to get together in front of a live audience in a nationwide talent show .. at 17. Having had no real training as far as I know.

It's strange, but I seem to remember the kind of controversy that's sprung up around them around Robbie Williams when he left Take That. Like The X Factor and it's orchestrated backing, even for rock songs, Take That isn't my type of music and I wouldn't've known anything about Robbie Williams .. would probably just about heard of the band. Might be passionate about music .. but only music I like and I can remember wondering just why people were saying all this about RW .. it all sounded a bit odd to me .. saying .. um .. that he'd never make it as a solo artist and that the rest of the band had kept him together all the time.

Well, as it turned out ..................




Yeah .. missing them all ready.