Saturday, December 05, 2009

Electronic music

I have to admit that I often find it hard to relate to electronic music .. even dating back to Gary Numan. I did have Are Friends Electric but it did take me some time to really get into it. These days all the different kinds of electric music are difficult to get your head around even before you start listening to the music. What is this? What is that? Does it really matter? lol!!!

One of things that's annoyed me a bit while travelling through some of the webs nu music is that some of the best sounds limit themselves from blogland a bit because of their lyrics. Seems a bit self defeating .. but they are their own people. This happened with one of the funniest sites I've found ... but there are a couple of toons that just kinda you'd have to say look you mightn't like the lyrics or the video .. though, in this case, they're not too bad. And the idea behind one song is hilarious.

I so want to put a link up because most of the songs r fine .. but .. there you go. And they're brilliant musicians. Well, they're a collective of musicians playing a wide range of instruments .. not electronica this time.



Piece of music I'm enjoying in the electronica creative commons mode at the moment

http://enoughrecords.scene.org/

enrmp087 .. Megatone .. The First Space Voyage .. a bit more spacey than a lot of similar music on Jamendo.



I like quite a bit of the music on Jamendo. In fact it took me two days to actually find something I didn't like at all but I did think that some of the music was using the same samples too repetitively for me .. but that was just me .. other people sometimes found the same music brilliant. Just a personal choice in music .. well, obviously as some people there were playing music that I just didn't quite connect to over and over again ... lol!!