Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunday

Time flies .. can it be half ten already? Well ... um, yes!! Woke up thinking of the video, There is an all paths concept to it.

I went to the guy's site and clicked on the video not realizing that it's title had gone off screen and what was written below it was about another video. Thought it was going to be an excerpt from a festival.

I've always found poetry, on it's own, a bit difficult to get into. It's a different way of painting word pictures I guess .. there's a crossover between song lyrics and poetry though but I do find a lot of poetry difficult. Though I know people who write it and find them easy to talk to ... well, obviously .. lol!!!

I have to say that I'm not religious but I think everyone's in the same boat and, as I believe, in life after death, believe, that it doesn't make any difference what religion you might have chosen because you still have to make choices in what you do everyday just like everyone and it's what you do and say that is important not whether you think what might be beyond, if you think there's anything, centres around a god or gods and goddesses.

I understand his youthful angst but I look at history this way .. it was a fluke that American history produced a colour divide in the way it did .. people all over the world were fighting amongst themselves, including Europeans.

He seems to like the "feminine" though as I haven't read any of his books or spoken to him I'm not quite sure what he means by that exactly. I think he sees the feminine as nurturing and he thinks that everyone should be that way inclined.

I do like that song though .. wasn't quite sure what the game ending bit was about but, thinking what I do, it made me smile. And I liked the peaceful unity that came through it.

Yesterday was a day of talking about people born on that day as I used to have a friend born the same day as me too but she got involved with hard drugs and died young. She'd come up in conversation a bit earlier in the day. Lovely woman .. so sad. Do wish it hadn't happened.

Quite a few people I know write poetry .. well, in an expanding circle .. some of us "kinda know" each other because the people we know tell them what's going on in my life and I get to know how they're getting on too .. including the guys I spoke to yesterday.

Maybe I'll try and read a book of his poetry ... but I do find poetry difficult to get into.