Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Wednesday

Went out to Sainsbury's yesterday evening .. just decided that I could .. so did!!! Unfortunately what my mouth is like inside has travelled to the outside now. Been like it before. Used to have round marks on my neck too .. the layers of skin stop being connected to each other. Well, there's a small one there now. Don't know what happened a few hours after taking the chemo tablet .. I looked like the bride of Dracula .. things have calmed down though and I've gone back to the cellcept and increased the dose back to 2000mgs a day for now. Maybe it can be managed back on 3000mg Cellcept with occasionally having a few days on a slightly higher dose of prednisolone.

I don't really know quite what's going on overall cause some of my mouth, on the inside of my lips, which hadn't healed is just the same and you'd think, if it was the illness that was the problem then it would have got worse. Well, it did for a while .. which is why I had the short course of extra prednisolone .. but that put it back to how it was before and it's still the same while other parts are having trouble.

It's also made my throat rather stiff .. have just swallowed some more of that ruddy mouth wash because I gulped again. The mouth wash is to numb my mouth to make eating easier .. a bit like .. I can't remember it's name .. the one that comes in a green container and looks a bit like a Dalek .. it has this tubing so you can reach inside the mouth to spray.

Anyway,most of you'll know about the illness anyway as I've written about it before but for newer readers .. it's the same as rheumatoid arthritis cept it affects the skin layers instead of the cartilage between the joints. Same illness .. different place.

And for the people who asked yesterday .. haven't managed to eat one of the breakfast biscuits .. they do become quite soft in the mouth but not that soft .. soon I hope though. And, for the other couple .. so pleased that writing about the OBEs etc has helped you so much. I read something on someone's profile on one of the sites I visit that might interest you .. obviously can't say which site or anything and will just write about it very loosely because it being so personal. She's a friend of a friend of mine. This goes back a long way to when her nana about to pass over .. I've read about this kind of thing happening before .. don't know if you know any people who've had this kind of experience or know people who have.

Anyway, her gran was very ill and kept on saying that she was going to go on a journey at 10.30. The woman just thought that her nana was delirious and left the room to do something else. She returned at about 10.20. Her nana talked to them all for a few minutes and then asked for her purse cause she was now going to go on a journey. She wasn't actually able to see the time from where she was but kept on saying that it was time to go. Then she looked at a part of the room opened her arms and smiled and looked very peaceful. She passed over .. it was confirmed at 10.31.

An experience that totally changed her outlook on life.

Labels: