Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Very tired

I stayed up til gone two this morning so I guess it's not surprizing. Hardly slept when I did turn in. Spent the time going back in my mind to when I lived in Ladbroke Grove back in the hippy era. Lived just off Portobello Road for a while.

It was really colourful then. I first went back about ten years ago. Ofcourse time hadn't stopped there and the area had changed a lot. There was one small hippy shop in the Portobello Road though that's gone now too. I suppose the equivalent of a modern health shop was a small delicatessen that was just up from Elgin Crescent. That's gone but there's a great health shop there now.

First time I went back I walked round with a head full of memories. Some guy about my own age said hi to me but I didn't recognise him so just said hi and walked on. Wonder if I did know him back in the dayz.

I don't go there all that often unless someone's going over cause it's a bit of a journey and if anything holds up the tube it can be quite a nuisance. Well'll get a bus to Notting Hill Gate and journey back on the tube into central London from there. It's happened a couple of times.