Saturday, June 23, 2007

Late!!!!

Returning rather late I guess. But ... then, when have I ever been on time for anything!!!!

Mum was lucky though that the illness didn't reach these proportions while she was still here though the illness would've started while I was here with her, during the last months in the home or while she was here with me in the flat.

Waiting for the oven to heat up now ... but just to put a veggie cottage pie in. Have to admit I'm treking back towards a more vegan diet again though but not totally. I actually posted up a receipe a couple of weeks ago on a board, admittedly one I hadn't tried .. but pea and mint ice cream did sound interesting. And I guess that you can probably make it with soya milk so you can veganise it. It was the picture that caught my eye. Well, makes a bit of a change.

This doesn't mean that I've turned into a cook while I've been here .. just that I like picture of and the sound of pea and mint ice cream. Saw it in the hospital while I was reading through the Sunday or Saturday papers.

This wasn't a reaction to hospital food, really it was very nice ... especially the porridge and soup .. there was only one soup in their range that wasn't veggie so I was ok there. And I was sometimes offered extra if there was any extra to be had.

You know, soup, soup .... glorious soup

and

porridge, porridge .... glorious porridge.

Pity the hospital's not in Dorridge in a way or we could have a poem going on here. Not, ofcourse that I'm suggesting the hospital should move to Dorridge so non poets like me can rhyme porridge.