Monday, August 13, 2007

My illness and climate change?

I was wondering this morning while waiting around for the collection of morning pills to take effect if my developing the auto immune illness has anything to do with climate change. I'd read that there's been an increase in skin cancers here and an increase in lupus in this part of the world and it had got me thinking about my illness and whether there could be a connection.

My form of this illness is rare and because it's usually found among people with roots in hotter climates than this I just thought I was unlucky that I'd developed a genetic illness. But then after reading about the rise in cases of skin cancer and lupus in the Western world I just wondered if my illness had anything to do with the same factors that are causing the increase in cases of skin cancer.