Thursday, January 03, 2008

cont.....

Haven't been out today though cause the nurse who comes to see me advised me to stay in as it's cold. Doctor's surgery rung in the late afternoon and said to make an appointment or he could come to see me. I'll go down there next week. Had me Protein drinks delivered. I have one a day of these on prescription to help repair what the illness has done. Don't particularly like them but I know they're useful. Some people liked them and some people didn't in hospital. They were kept in the fridge cause people thought they tasted better really cold. They're often prescribed when people aren't eating much, or have an illness like mine or some kinds of cancer. A month's supply is too heavy for me to carry!!!

It's good to go out for a short walk though as it keeps me more mobile though it can be difficult if there's some kind of new muscle movement as happened yesterday and my lungs suddenly have to cope with the changes while I'm walking. I'm usually sounding a little wheezy by the time I get back but it's just my lungs trying to push out against stiff muscles. There's always a very slight change when I'm walking. What has changed is that everything is moving more. I could feel the muscles in my back moving more than they had been with my breathing this morning.