Thursday, May 08, 2008

Last night .....

Still quite tired and have been drifting in and out of sleep all day .. well, just kinda drifting in and out of a doze really. My games have been like me .. sometimes quick(ish) sometimes not. I suppose I have a bit of a cold. I thought that I might've been a bit hotter than usual for a couple of days before the couple of sneezes and sickness .. but, with the change in the weather, it was a bit difficult to know what as going on. I guess it's a bit difficult for the anti sickness pills to combat the tummy spasms sometimes.


I think it's a bit difficult for everyone to now exactly what's going on too now. It's all got a bit complicated, hasn't it, really. The good thing is that I don't seem to pick up any bacterial infections .. or , if I do, my body seems to fight them off very well. There was no sign of an infection when I went into hospital the last time .. I was told that the tests didn't show any signs of infection. I guess it could be small fits or something like that. I've had slight weakness on my left side for sometime now. Well, it would show signs of weakness for a couple of days every so often .. it happened maybe three or four times in all.


I was talking to someone yesterday who'd had a slight stroke in her late twenties. She called it a minor one, though to be honest it didn't sound that minor to me as it involved quite a bit of sight loss amongst other things for a few weeks. Some strokes can come and go quickly with symptoms that clear up almost over night.


Hers was due to high blood pressue that she has monitored now to make sure that she's well.


Other causes of strokes are often excess alcohol consumption and/or cocaine use. I sadly know someone who had a stroke a couple of years ago who has started drinking heavily again. Not a good idea.


With coke you increase the likelihood of having a stroke cause it constricts veins while increasing blood pressure and this can constrict the arteries in the brain causing problems. Excessive drinking cause it an lead to high blood pressure. If you smoke along with all this it ups the possibility too.


(Excess alcohol is more than two drinks a day) It is thought that drinking one drink a day could protect against one kind of stroke. More than two could contribute to all kinds of strokes because, amongst other things, it raises blood pressure.



It's thought that one drink a day could lessen the risk for one kind of stroke.


What I experienced was nothing like the young woman I was talking to .. just a slight weakness on my left side .. almost a blink and you'd miss it experiece ... never lasted longer than a day or two. In fact would clear up before I got myself to a doctor.