Friday, June 06, 2008

Changes

My breathing is moving a lot more of me than it was yesterday!!! It just goes on and on. Wel it feels like a lot but I guess it isn't really. That's amazing too I guess. Two people I was talking to at the hospital yesterday said about taking a day at a time and that is what I do .. I hardly think of the day before but just see how today is and take it from there. I'd said how amazed I was that I could walk like I can again .. ok .. maybe it's not much but it's a lot different from the time where just getting to the chemist left me breathless anf Waterstones seemed a l...o...n...g way off. I know my doctor was surprised too .. you could see it in his face .. but I have put a lot into trying and have tried regardless of the pain etc. It would have been very easy to give up .. much easier than it has been pushing through day to day.

I hope that I won't have any of the really long spasms now .. the ones that went on for a couple of days .. or at least the pain did. The pain relief was put up the first time again. I don't always take the full dose of pain relief though I've learnt to keep to the full dose of MST .. cutting that down did make things a lot worse but maybe I should make sure that I take all the rest too. The good thing is though that I don't seem to have any withdrawal from the morphine as yet when I do cut it down which means that my pain is using it all up. Morphine works differently with people in pain than people without pain apparently.