Saturday, July 26, 2008

..... cont.

Ah .. yes, I remember, it was in a book about evolution I guess, not quite sure what of .. of the brain .. of society .. can't remember .. just a book whose title interested me so I had a look at it .. but it was quoted at 2/3%. The author wondered why natural selection hadn't got rid of the psychopathic gene .. if there is such a thing .. but decided that it was good for a group of people to be kept on their toes so to speak so that they were ready to fight if they had to. I wondered why they'd have to fight if the gene was gone .. but I guess it wouldn't happen at the same time every where so ............................... Remember learning that there were two kinds of psychopathic personality too .. the inadequate and the aggressive .. the inadequate wasn't really a problem but obviously the aggressive sort was. Still wonder about the % though .. it seems rather a high rise in a few years and rather a lot.

Anyway that was the gist of it all. I once knew a psychiatrist, who I'd love to talk to again, who said he hated psychopaths. I have tried to find him but with no luck .. traced him so far through a book and some articles he'd written .. guess I didn't really try hard enough really. We were quite young when we knew each other. I think I'll leave it though.

I got some green tea from Tesco .. liked my cup of it yesterday and it's meant to be good for you. I usually just have a couple of mugs of hot chocolate .. had a couple of omelettes there too but have stopped that now.

I haven't read many books for a long time and it's good to get back into them.

I'm enjoying the one of coincidences .. I'll probably read it twice I guess. Got one on the "gay gene" to read too which looks as if it's written very well. There's an interesting one on racism and antiracism too .. but it's the same with all this isn't it .. good and bad everywhere across the globe.

I don't know when I'll do my booklets for my friends .. when I'll get round to it ... The Works have packs of suitable notepads for around £2 for a pack of 10 .. I'll just do a little myself and leave the rest for them to do when they want.

I hope they had a nice time last night .. I left about nine .. well, it was getting late fer me .. lol!!! And sitting there wiv me mugs of hot chocolate ... lol!!! listening to the dj. Actually I didn't sleep long last night .. was sneezing a bit this morning ... so I meditated for an hour today .. yup .. a whole hour. I didn't think that I'd have the concentration to do it but I did .. used a mantra though occasionally slipped into silence just listening to my breath. Was surprized that it went so well as I had a cold. An hour is a long time to sit there doing nothing .. well, you are doing something a the changes in the brain demonstrate. There was a good chapter about it in a book on stress in the Oxfam bookshop .. can't remember the name of the book. It was a good description of the benefits of meditation. Don't think it works for everyone .. but the majority of people are said to find it beneficial. There are different kinds of meditation too. I just use the one where you calm and still the mind rather than the story type. Though at meetings we went into our minds in a given location and I've heard cds where you are asked to listen to the sounds of the surf on the beach etc., etc. I don't find that as relaxing as just concentrating on a mantra or my breath but different things for different people.

Haven't started listening to much music again .. I've been listening to Ravi Shankar since the year dot so to speak .. now and then. Used to listen a lot when I was young and then not so much. Was listening long before I started yoga. They didn't mention the blues in the experiment I don't think. Anyway I'm sure there'll be lots of music to listen to .. I never liked western classical music and I never will .. Ravi Shankar loves it .. Just different things for different people again. I'm still going to listen to rock though .. I love it .. and not all the plants reacted that way .. maybe I'm in with the few plants that didn't. I'm not sure about the muscle strength ..if that was 100% across the board. I find it difficult to listen to Western classical music .. me dad didn't like it either unlike me mum and brother.