Friday, August 01, 2008

Superstring

Am rather sniffley today and stayed in til late afternoon. Cooked meself a meal today though .. had been living on sandwiches and yogurt really but had deided to do a meal for some reason or other .. and did .. and ate it too. Just an oven meal .. a vegetarian cottage pie ..so I've had three hot meals this week .. two at the hospital and one here.

Saw one of the congregation in Waterstones yesterday .. had pottered in to have another look at a book after looking it up on the internet .. decided not to read it though .. other people .. well, one other person has told me the same but it is so far away from my experiences that I decided not to read it yet awhile. I now the theory well enough. Bought one by a doctor describing near death experiences he'd been told about and another that is interviews with a selection of people about that and related things that they've experienced. I didn't talk to the guy about it cause I only know him by sight .. he plays the piano when Dave isn't there with his guitar. I suppose I should have done but I just smiled at him on me way to the cash desk. Perhaps he could've given his views on the other book .. he was sitting looking through a book of his own though and we only know each other by sight .. one of the few regulars I don't know. We just smiled .. I think he took a few seconds to place me. The book had good reviews on the back .. but I dunno. I just couldn't connect with it really. I like hearing people's experiences now .. though they're fewer .. but books like these and Ray Moody's are always there to dip in to. It does make sense and they've been reported or things like them since the year dot .. just more common since medicine has improved ... as far as the NDEs go anyway. They've managed to create something similar to an OBE in the lab now. Last year I think it was.

Here we go:

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/news/news-articles/0708/07082305

I tend to believe that it must be similar rather than being what people talk about when discussing them

I think that we'll never really know either .. or, at least not for a long, long time. There is no real theory of everything .. just everything known about how what we know interacts to create what we know about .. the latest contender for something that would combine the theory of everything (we know) is the string theory.

http://www.superstringtheory.com/basics/index.html

I think we're quite far from knowing what it all means.


The more I know the more I'm sure this is just a place to go through .. and, why not .. it's so totally beyond comprehension .. that we're here at all. I was reading in Discovery that the void .. the nothingness that isn't really nothing is going to be the next big thing to investigate.

I was going out this evening but I think I'll give it a miss cause of my cold .. different people go on different days .. well, they overlap here and there .. and sometimes there're a lot on Friday which means it can end rather late. I'm much too sniffley really.