Tuesday, July 29, 2008

tuesday

Well, three days into the green tea and meditation regieme. I'm just going along with what I'm doing right now .. and once I'm a month into it I'll look further into meditation and pain relief. Got a book on folk lore and Warwickshire from the hospital League of Friends bookshop .. the guy who was volunteering that day had found he had two copies of it and brought one in. He said it was an interesting read and an eye openner and it certainly is .. not that I've read that much of it yet .. there where quite a few regional books along the same line printed but I doubt if they're still in print .. haven't checked .... it would be interesting to read more to compare them. Noticed that The Works had a book on Victorian London but I've read enough of those during me life I think though it was tempting. I know someone further up North who might have books like that though .. I'll ask her if she has and, if so, if I can borrow them .. they were published back in the 60s and 70s. Was reading it while I was at the hospital .. still in the middle of Beyond Coincidence .. that was only published four years ago. The book's split into two halves .. the first going into coincidence/synchronicity and what has been written about it and the second writing about the coincidences themselves. It's very interesting.

I mean the universe is an incredible sequence of coincidences by itself .. though even those can't explain how anything is here .. going back to .. there has to be something for there to be anything for there to be anywhere for there to be a universe.

There was a cool breeze blowing on my way back tonight .. mum was certainly right about the change in the winds over the years .. this year though it's not just the insistancy of a breeze in the air but it's so cold for the time of year too and it's so noticeable going from the heat of the sun and until suddenly a cold wind blows in and you're left with a humidity along with the cooler.

I'm off to bed soon .. had a nice dinner of cauliflower, baked beans and potato with apple crumble and custard at the hospital midday .. so have just had sandwich this evening.

And .. I will be in bed on time.