Saturday, February 07, 2009

Saturday

Off to bed in a minute .. not feeling that well but I'll go to sleep now. Been talking to my ill friend .. "Which one?" you might ask!!! The guy I mentioned the other week. He ould be ok .. there's just no way of knowing how things are going until the results of a biopsy come through. He's waiting to have it done. We know he's ill .. it's just waiting to find out how ill. And then seeing how he responds to treatment.


He appears to be expecting things to be very serious .. though he's not showing many of the classic symptoms at the moment so, hopefully, things should be ok. He's being extremely brave. He was a bit down last week ... spent one day in bed .. but, this week, is up and about again and is back getting on with his interests.


He's had couple of OBEs in his twenties and I wondered if that could be why he was able to cope so quickly with the news. We have talked about things like that ... but not much or that deeply. Can't remember if I'd mentioned the ADC book to him or not ... probably just in passing. I did give a Gordon Smith book to him when they were going for little more than a couple of quid in The Works which he read. He always believed what I told him but we didn't talk about it all that much.

Anyway, it's going to be a little while longer before we know how things are. I guess it is the OBEs though that have given him this peace because he certainly has it. He doesn't read my blogs .. but I think he knows quite a bit about the subject of life after life. He's always had friends who've been interested in spiritual things. We haven't talked about it that much but I doubt if there's anything that I could mention that he doesn't have some knowledge about. We did mention Mr Smith this evening and I told him that the thing I'd read in the magazine that I wasn't sure about ... could you put it down to a trick of the light .. I now thought that there was a 100% chance that it could happen without it being a trick of the light.

I guess it is my friend's OBEs that are giving him this peace. He was just back to himself again this evening.