Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Today

Been to the hospital and the GP today. Was OK getting to the hospital and walking around but had a bit of movement round the ribcage inbetween getting back from there and setting out for the GP's so I found I was wheezing again. Guess this might be a bit tricky. I'd been having extra pain in my chest and down an arm because of things moving .. slightly .. or that's what I put it down to.

The woman who the cancer ok has a bad back which is giving her quite a lot of pain right now .. she has some kind of alternative therapy which helps for a little while but it always comes back. Mine is more than just back pain obviously but I can empathise with her through it

As for very severe pain, worse than this, I don't think that anyone can understand what it's like until they've experienced it. Someone I know thought her pain was a 10 on a scale of 1 to 10 and I couldn't believe what she could do ... but it's all relative. I hope the future will be ok for her and that she never has to experience anything worse.

There are new ways of treating pain in the pipeline which sound very promising though.

Anyway, I'm off to get dinner now .. or, to put the oven on anyway.