Monday, February 23, 2009

Monday

bought watch that someone brought in yesterday evening and have worn it today. It's really good for me as it has a dial that's easy to read and has a strap that just grips together rather than a buckle. Someone else brought in a box of those magazines that you buy every week to make into books ... can't remember what they were called but they were about healing and natural things like that. Me watch was £1.

Managed to get there this morning too ... at 10.30!!!! Really enjoyed myself .. didn't feel like getting up on the rostrum to speak though because I was feeling tired so I just watched other people. We had to talk under a heading of philosophy earlier on .... sitting down .. picked a topic from a bowl of bits of paper ... My topic was ... spirit ... lol!!!! Other topics were things like peace, self awareness, being true to yourself, personal responsibility and freedom. Some people weren't there but they hadn't been there on Siunday either and I know they hve ill friends and family so possibly are spending time with them .. or, couldn't get the time off this morning .. or have had to go to something similar somewhere else. I know the guy I mentioned lsat night had an appointment he couldn't miss and was sad about not being there this morning. Maybe some have dropped out ... there were a couple of people that I didn't recognise and they weren't there today.

I've said that I'll make a booklet for them .. which will be nice ... and I must do it rather than leaving it as I have been doing. Though, I guess, I was too ill to really be doing things like that for quite a lot of the time. I think, though other people might prefer a sort of free flow bunh of memories ... that it's really good to write down spiritul experiences. s I've mentioned I've forgotten some of mine and I hdn't told people about some that I've forgotten ... so they've just gone now.

Still watching The NGDB. I was thinking how good it would've been to have been brought up somewhere where lots of people play banjo, mandoline and guitar and just to sit round picking right from when you're a kid with the whole family joining in at times.

I just love the way they put the music together, both as a band and when they have guests. I loved country music from an early age ... first got interested through an uncle when I was about eight. He was really into music ... liked Billie Holiday too .. liked the blues and jazz ... and later got really into Patti LaBelle.


Hank Williams

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkztDzpTHKA


I'd never seen anything from the early days of The Grand Ole Opry til quite recently ... though I'd heard people who played the Grand Ole Opry from various times on disc. The Carter Family sure don't sound so hoe down on record ... at least not the ones that I listened to. I did watch The Beverley Hillibillies though ... but had no idea that the way people spoke on the programme was so real life. June Carter was a bit of a comediene too.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xlkvc_june-c-hank-williams_music


This is just so atmospheric and great ... Billie Holiday sings the blues

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXRYdcQ6bbM


Patti LaBelle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqtNgKGJKOo