Friday, February 20, 2009

Friday

Had a reasonably good night's sleep lst night egrdless of the sneeze. Woke thinking of The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band ... well, ith the members they had when those videos were made. Himmy Ibbotson has left. Shme .. I think the group was at it's best as it was then ... but people come and go ... and come back ... so maybe he will too. He's left for a while and come back again before. Just though it worked really well as things were then.

I've been talking about the videos with my friends for the last couple of weeks. Guess The NGDB have played and sung their way into being my latest musical favouites though I've liked the band for a long time. I have the cd set Will The Circle Be Unbroken which they recorded with other country musicians. First heard it when I borrowed it from the library as a 3 LP package and just loved it and although the sound quality wasn't the best on some of it it still managed to sound good. They've just remastered it .. it comes as a 2 cd set now.

http://countrymusic.about.com/library/blngdbrev.htm

http://www.amazon.com/Will-Circle-Be-Unbroken-30th-Anniversary/dp/B000063686

It's very, very country and early country at that.

I'm still fascinated by that smile. I have to say though that people have said similar about me and my beliefs occasionally.