Saturday, February 14, 2009

Saturday

Well, he's happy at the moment. I've given him a couple of those bookmarks I was given at the hospital and he's just over the moon ... he'd been bookmarkless since The Works had stopped selling them ... and this just made his day. I knew he'd wanted a bookmark a while back but just assumed he'd found or made one. They have a plastic covering so should last a long time so he'll be ok for them now!!!! lol!!!

And by default I'm pleased too .. it was nice to hear the lift in his voice because of them. He's very tired at the moment. Little things can mean an awful lot.

He's had the ultra sound test but it's going to be week or two before the results come through. Anyway, the bookmarks are helping things along the way. He also had a free fridge magnet calender from our group which he's happy with too. He's like me ... easily pleased I guess. I'm happy that they've made a difference to how he's feeling.

Two free bookmarks and a fridge calender have changed his world!!!! I know they'll be talked about a bit with his friends and will just make him happy .. he reads everyday and the little postcard calender will be there if he needs it .. he was really pleased with that too. At least you're not going to lose it if it's stuck on the fridge.

The lift in his voice has had me laughing quite a lot this evening cause I know that they've changed how he's feeling for the better.

Surfing the net this afternoon and found a review that startled me. I read in the papers that alcohol fuelled crime had got much worse last year but the same was felt in 2004 it seems. It wa an interesting read ... though not a long one. Lovely site though with lots of reviews and pictures from all round the world. I found it by googling for opening times for the post office for Saturdays. The Post Office site didn't come up on the first page probably because of all the discussion about Post Office closures here and I'd put closing time into google.

I found the Post Office site by googling somewhere else with the same added information. I had found out what I wanted to know .. there was a local page that had the info on it ... but then googled to see if another Post Office had been shut down ... it hadn't I'm pleased to say. It's just made me wonder if the one in Clapham's shut then. Yeah ... it is. I was told a local one was going to be and when I typed Clapham into the Post Office finder site ... no results came up for Clapham, London. Gosh, the little one in Abbeyville Road's gone too!!!! I suppose if they hadn't been closed then they'd be going now wouldn't they. I can't believe the Clapham High Street branch has gone though. It was a main Post Office.

Amazingly the Post Office is open til 4 on a Saturday here!!! 12 at t'other Post Office.