Monday, February 09, 2009

Monday

I re-read the N.S article this morning. It's a fun article - it has to be ause obviously it has to be mainly supposition. There's no time machine back to the early days of humankind so we really hve to just guess at what happened.


I still think that the connection between people making things and then trying to work out how the earth/stars etc came into being created a vast amount of religious thinking by people thinking that what they knew of the universe was made too and therefore someone had to make it!!!! Some religions go back to try and explain the reaction of the gods/goddesses too and think that they were reated by forces of nature .. which leaves the eternal question why is there anything here at all for there to be forces of nature in!!!! lol!!! Neither religion or science can answer that .. it's the eternal mind boggling question.

Why is there anywhere!!! If you go back to the ying and yang forces in Buddhism you still have to ask why was there anywhere for them to form in to start with.

But really .. religion is just people trying to explain why there is a world and the universe they know. I don't know all that many creation stories .. i know the Buddhist, a bit about the Dreamtime of the Aborginies, Shinto, Jewish, Christian, Ancient Egyptian, Hindu and Muslim. It's possible that I have others in the back on my mind somewhere cause I had a creation story book out from the library as a kid .. I can remember loving the illustrations.

I still think that it's quite likely that the earliest religious beliefs ould have come from people connecting making things themselves to someone making the world and stars. And that the more complicated stories came later as new religions formed. We have no idea just how many religions have formed over the years. Speech would have been a marker in people being able to understamd their feelings and tell other people who could pass the stories down and writing would leave recorded stories.

I'm assuming that OBEs and ADC go back a long, long way. They certainly go back a very long way in writing and are reported from all over the world. I'm assuming that they go back way, way before religion was recorded in writing. To have these sort of experiences would certainly add to the idea that there is life after life. Not just because some very young children might try to give a working reason for inanimate objects to exist .. eg .. a rock exists for an animal to scratch it's back on. It's quite possible that they answer like this at that age because they are learning that things around them can be used to do things. They've also learnt about religion and to give the answer that God made something probably seems a good bet at that age if they've been told that god made everything.

I believe in life after life but I'm not religious. I suppose I'm a kind of humanist with a belief in life after life .. a sort of humanist. I have to idea what life after life is like .. though think, going on people's stories, that it's based on love. I think that the connection between them and us is to give us proof that life continues. That is my belief.