Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Wednesday

Not a bad day .. trip to Teso and Sainsbury ... didn't go out in the afternoon though cause I was too tired and guess it's best not to risk overdoing things. Watched Hank Williams instead .. enjoyed the clip of him singing I Saw The Light from The Grand Ole Opry .. looks like someone has the whole show .. wonder if it's on dvd or if it's something they've had since way back. My uncle used to enjoy that song.

Hank Williams passed over when he was 29 .. he had a very painful back from having a curved spine and used to take morphine along with other pain relief ... he used to drink a lot with it too and the lot together was too much for him. I don't know if he drank because of the pain or just because he was addicted ... but you really shouldn't touch alcohol with some pain relief.

Have to say I'm a little bit of a country purist .. usually am pretty easy going as far as music goes but I really don't see some of the acts that appear there today as country .. makes me sigh when I think they had a hard time accepting The Byrds and Gram Parsons and didn't want to know Bob Dylan.

Anyway, I'm going to get some soup, read a bit, then turn in.