Sunday, August 09, 2009

Sunday

Found someone else who mentioned feeling very cold too .. this time on the comments on the NHS site .. Livewell on the 23rd July. Describes a very hot face but feeling freezing complete with runny nose and ear and head aches and pain behing the eyes. She went into work feeling like that. She's not been well for a couple of days.

It seems that I should be aware that there was something wrong within 24 hours or so of catching the bug. That must've been my feeling of intense cold because I wasn't aware of feeling any different from usual when I went to bed.

Things were very different when I woke up though. I'd never felt like that before in my life. I had trouble walking to the bathroom because I was so rigid with this freezing sensation. It was very weird and, at the time, all I could think of was that it was some kind of hypothermia brought on by my crappy diet the day before. It hadn't happened before when I hadn't been too careful .. but I guess there could always be a first time.

But it wasn't.

I was ok once I'd warmed myself up .. there were times when I felt a little cold again but not too bad. I didn't have a headache or anything like that or any really noticeable new aches and pains. The back of my throat felt a bit different for a little while but nothing that could've been called a sore throat.

I sneezed a couple of times .. fortunately none painful sneezes and produced some extra nasal gunge so stayed in for a couple of days after the sneezes. Mine was clear too.

Felt a bit run down for a few days afterwards but that was that. Ah, had to charge for the loo at speed once .. but nothing that drastic compared to what I've read and I was left not really that interested in my food for a couple of days .. sort of post viral blurggh.

I'm on 2000mg of Cellcept a day and 10mg of prednisolone both which suppress your immune system. I'd not long had the Cellcept reduced from 3000mg a day.

My doc said to stop taking my Cellcept for a week if I got the flu .. information had come too late I think!!! I'm not sure how quickly the immune system picks up after you've been on these drugs and are ill but I would've stopped them if I'd known. You can't do that with the corticosteroids I take but I'm only on 10mg now cause of the Cellcept so that could've been ok anyway.

All, I can say is that I'm very grateful to the people who put all the relevant information up on the web about the herbs and spices etc. Took a bit of rooting through but we got there in the end.

I don't know if it was the flu .. but I did have flu symptoms and the way it started was very dramatic and uncoldvirus like. And, it's here.