Thursday, October 22, 2009

.........................

I'm not doing much reading at the memory .. though there's enough to keep me occupied for years ... lol!!! As for adding my own knowledge to the pile out there .. I've decided to do it humorously .. no great scientific meanderings here .





Let's face it .. it's a difficult subject to approach even with people who know what you're talking about!! I don't know whether to count people like James Randi in that group or not as I'm not sure what his boundries of research are and I don't know what his individual beliefs are right across the spectrum ... so??!!??





I'm interested in Mr Randi's work .. finding out what isn't true is important too ..finding out about the light book changed my attitude radically and I think, if it hadn't been for my own experiences and those of people I could trust, I'd've lost interest for a long time, regardless of the present scientific research. I just found it very difficult to believe that someone who'd been through the type of health problems he said he had would do something like that!!

It turns out that he could've exaggerated. I didn't read the discussion pale on Wiki at the time so had no idea. I just didn't think that it would be possible to lie about your health to that extent publicly as I thought a lot of people must've been involved medically with him at the time.

Still, he's one person out of many .. and there are a lot of accounts from all sides of the equation to form your opinion from. It takes time .. but if people are really interested then they'll do it I guess cause no one thinks that one persons experience is going to be their deciding factor .. it's like giving someone a bag of yeast and saying go bake a loaf of bread to someone who has no idea how to.

I mean .. I know because I experienced it so I know what happened. I have something that will remind me that it's true .. but I can't give the experience to anyone else.

A lot of people will spend their time trying to pick holes in it .. lol .. instead of trying to find out more. Some will accept it and try to find out more .. others will link it to what they've read or experiences that their friends have had. Others will find out that they become more aware maybe. Etc, etc, etc.

It's still important for me to read to though even though I have personal experience to rely on. And I should be gerring on with it.

I'll be reading my ADC book that I got from The Works too .. it's out on loan at the moment, I still think it's the best and I do like the butterfly story a lot. I'd say the majority of stories are true .. there was one I didn't believe which I mentioned after I'd read the book. I usually think about 5% of stories like this aren't true.

I won't comment on the magazines cause I very rarely read them .. but I'm not an astrology fan .. but then I'm a Capricorn .. lol!! I can remember a line like that in The Likely Lads where Rodney Bewes character said the same .. "I don't believe in astrology .. but then I'm a Capricorn"!!!! It makes a good joke given what us Capricorns are meant to be like!!!