Sunday, October 18, 2009

Pain relief???

I write about the possibility of learning to be able to distance yourself mentally from your body as a way of having a break from the pain months ago.

Hopefully it'll be able to be put under more control through medication. I know there are more things to try .. but it would be nice to be able to learn control techniques. I believe they teach something similar at some pain clinics.

Perhaps learn something about the physiological side of pain too.

I really don't know what the options are or how far the pain could be got under control. I know people're working on something to add to pain control that is showing a lot of promise .. but using it is still in the future if it does prove to be ok..

Anyway will be at the hospital soon for the chemical side of it I guess. Will be there talking about it all. It can vary from day to day .. at the moment it's not very good .. at the more painful end of my pain scale as it is at the moment. I've put it back up to what it was .. could take more ibuprofen .. but it would be quite a high dose without a clinic's supervision and I'm not keen to do it.

I think it might be a good idea to try to use other methods of .. well, at least being able to distance myself from it.

You never know.