Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sunday

When I first wrote about that guy here I was in shock. Couldn't believe that someone who'd been through what he had could pull such a stunt. I did say that I wondered if he'd just exaggerated to make things more interesting .. as I've said my story is pretty boring .. not something that's in the least bit exciting .. and most definitely on the new agey side as well.

But I know it's true and I have my reminders now .. so however far my belief might wander because of people like him it can always be brought back again now.

My friend looks after it all for me as I'm not the most organised of people.

I knew that there was something up before I read the book .. I'd ordered it and it was a bit late arriving .. and I'd read more around the net while waiting for it .. think I'd read the excerpt on Amazon and a couple of message boards. The excerpt on Amazon had obviously shown that something was up. What I don't understand is how it got past everyone before it was published and why so many people didn't appear to notice afterwards .. it was made into a TV film.

I was kinda in shock for around three weeks after that I reckon .. my own belief a bit shaken. I believed, at the time, that the medical side was true and just couldn't believe that someone who'd been through that would then go on to invent a story like this about his experiences.

As far as I know there isn't any doubt that people have these experiences .. it's just that people interpret them differently because no one is sure yet what causes them.

I think that I might have started to piece together something that answers something I was questioning. But, I can't be sure yet. It's a complicated subject and I don't know much about it. I still haven't read the New Scientist article on consciousness which I think covers this to some degree. Well, there's a lot to do and I'm just giving an hour to it a day.

Anyway .. science has more than enough to be getting on with.

At the moment no one can give definite proof about anything. I have my proof but I still have no way of being able to give it to other people .. but, then, this is the way it appears to work.

I will ask for a lie detector test or something along that line. I believe there are ways of telling if somethings are true or false because of the way different muscles are used in the face when things are real or not. If people want to bother it should still be relatively easy to tell if I'm telling the truth or not under laboratory conditions I should think,

I do understand why people don't bother telling people about their experiences .. it is a lot of bother. In my case I'm really too ill to even be thinking of going down this path .. but there is no other way if I'm going to present it properly otherwise it'll just end up a muddle. Still I have friends who'll help.

Will leave the subject for a while as far as the blog goes .. as I said .. there's plenty of stuff out there to read. I've no personal experience of any out of the body experiences of any kind .. but I've spoken to people who've had them .. know that they've been known about since antiquity and that scientists are trying to reproduce them in the laboratory.

Maybe I would have one if I tried .. but there you go .. haven't really tried that hard to put it mildly. It would be interesting though. I do wonder what scientists do who've had one. Obviously there is a division of opinion about it all as it's really in the early stages of research.

There's a lot of knowledge out there though.

I know my experiences aren't that rare either .. have found people joking about similar things in their lives on the net. People in the news. Mine have been quite intense though and that's why I think that I should take the path I am. Think it has something to do with me being ill.