Saturday, October 17, 2009

....................

I don't understand how so many people could've read and, it seems, loved the book. I believe it was made into a film too when, in the first few pages, there's a big mistake like that, but, it goes to show that people will run things through their own beliefs and believe accordingly.

It works the same in reverse .. people who don't want to believe in something won't regardless of what's written.

I'm not sure if this means it's worth all the work to present my own experiences to places that are studying them or not,

I discovered the same when reading an account of a woman who said she could diagnose illness just by looking at a person. People only seemed to hear what they wanted to hear in a lot of cases.

It does all seem a little pointless but as it's obviously not like that right across the board it has to be good for some people and will give them peace and happiness just as it is. So I'll still go for it.

I wondered, was up late again last night, if I could ask for a lie detector test .. or to be evaluated by an expert in body language or .. maybe .. even go got brain imaging .. only to find that the latest reports on brain imaging .. which had seemed very promising .. say it's not as good as they were hoping for.