Tuesday, October 13, 2009

etc

By the way .. this building is way out of town .. not near the older buildings of the town .. about a three quarters of an hour walk or there abouts and going away from the town centre near an out of town shopping area,

It's the same colours as other similar temples in this country and is rather pretty .. and out of the country too. I don't know about the symbolism of the colours but I've seen a photo of a very large and beautiful one in Asia which is white and gold too so they are the same design in India etc too.

Anyway I now know what a Gurudwara is


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gurudwara


And they do seem to be white and gold regardless of what that person said about having been to India and the difference between there and here .. and a lot have the domes.

Well, I totally disagreed with all the nasty things that were said to me about it. And the council didn't pay for it .. I remember two temples being built in Slough .. had a friend who lived in Langley .. where the people not only paid for the temple but gave up their time to help build them too.

I remember we used to buy lovely pictures in Slough that used to go with our interest in yoga and meditation.

When I last saw the temple .. from Sainsburys .. it looked very pretty .. and not huge. No one moaned about the traffic going to the shopping estate .. except me maybe cause when I was looking after mum I'd walk up there from Leamington town to get some of the shopping for us and felt that it could've done with some more pedestrian crossings. So really .. even then it wasn't so much the traffic .. rather it needed more pedestrian crossings of one kind or another .. traffic lights .. something.

I was pissed off too that people thought that they could say these things to me because I wasn't part of the Sikh community there .. actually it absolutely shocked me .. but there you go.