Thursday, December 17, 2009

Music

Haven't made any CC diskettes yet. My general opinion of a lot of the music on Jamendo is that it's quite nice but often not varied enough so a track here and there used and made into a sampler will be great. You're not allowed to actually change the music .. can't sample it for remixing as far as I know .. well, not without permission from the musicians .. but you can use separate complete tracks for a sampler CD for personal use .. nothing commercial like the ones on Amazon .. some of which are free.

http://www.amazon.com/2008-Amazon-Free-Sampler/dp/B001CQK8XU

I'm still searching for nice meditation music .. and gentle beats. I'm not that keen on Western classical music generally .. well, don't like it so while the Naxos sampler should be good it won't matter how gentle some of the music may be it won't be suitable for me. Music is, as people keep on saying, very subjective.

Away from meditation I liked this album .. though, for me, felt that now and then I'd like the vocals to be a bit steadier though not on all tracks.

http://www.jamendo.com/en/album/21501



and this sounded nice for people who like classical or classically orientated music

http://www.jamendo.com/en/album/55571



It does go to show how different peoples tastes in music are though.

I listened to someone's top 20 songs of this year and didn't particularly like any of them. Was a bit relieved that some other people agreed with me .. but, again, it does go to show just how differently people hear music.

I love Jimi Hendrix's music and was quite taken by surprise to find out that the plants in that experiment (Dorothy Retallack 1973) most certainly didn't!!!!! I wonder which tracks she played to them.

On with the search for nice ambient influenced tracks.