Monday, February 08, 2010

Monday

Fell asleep with the light on last night and then when I woke up, about three hours later, had rather too much muscle movement to get much more sleep though so kept on sort of dozing off and then waking up again.

So ... half an hour's meditation to try and make up for a bit of the sleep loss etc.

Someone said yesterday that they couldn't really imagine me not really being t5hat interested in music. Well, I did go through a time when I felt separated from it. I wasn't like, say, John Peel, where musiv took up so much if my life .. and really most people I knew of my ager didn't talk that much about music. Oftem, I think because life had just taken them away from it, bringing up a family and working plus trying to fit other things into their time had pushed it more to the background.

But, also, because a lot of the new innovative stuff was coming from much younger people and there weren't the social connections etc to it you have when most people of your age group are socializing to it and talking about it. You might not even get to hear much om the radio if there are other things you want to catch up on.

Yeah, I did lose interest for a while until I was looking after mum really and them, at times, it was there for relaxation. Had still played my own music though on the guitar and had listened on the radio .. just there hadn't been the kind of interest there had been before.

And, in the earlier days there wasn't the music to listen to online like there is now.

.. in my young days, back when dinosaurus rex or was it Tyranosaurus Rex padded the planet

http://www.marmalade-skies.co.uk/tyrex.htm

and

Brontosaurus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brontosaurus_(Move_song)

You just got to hear what was played on the radio basically if you didn't have a more active interest.

But, I didn't even play my favourite cds that much during those years. I don't anymore though the ones I mentioned are what I'd take with me to me desert island.

I'd just slowly moved away from mt deep interest that I'd had before though did still play at times. Was probably disappointed by my journey into New Age music too though I had loved other music around that time that I heard through other people, like The Orb and Spacemen 3.

Am now listening to this

http://www.jamendo.com/en/album/60790

There're only two tracks .. and I've been playing it for sometime .. just having it very softly playing in the background.