Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tuesday

Well, feeling a bit better in one way than I have been for the last week or two .. would be nice if other things could be so easily sorted out!!!

Did go to the docs this morning .. and yesterday. Just did Tesco today .. knew that it was probably best not to head for Clapham today .. not just because of the weather but didn't think that the walk would be that easy .. and I was right. Knew as I was coming back that a longer walk wouldn't've been too good an idea. Most of the walk back was fine .. it was more or less a reverse of my last walk back on a drizzly day. This time I was reasonably ok and the drizzle held off .. then when I was nearer home it started raining uncomfortably and my muscles started giving me a fair amount of jip

The topics on the monitor at the docs were quite interesting today .. they included a short about how the media edit the photos of models you see in the magazines. At the end they had this picture of a model with a tiny, tiny waist and they showed that with the bit of her waist that had been edited out expanding in and out and in and out of the photo,

And they also had a short film about babies and their reaction to classical music. I haven't heard this before but apparently there's an idea going round, referred to as hype in the film, that listening to classical music will make a baby more intelligent. From what was being said I guess it's been recommended that you play the baby classical music before he or she is born too.

One woman did say that she used to play one particular song to their baby before she was born and that the baby reacted to the song after she'd been born and obviously recognised it.

Different music, has appeared to have different affects on people and plants in experiments

This page, suggests though, that, there's no conclusive proof that it does make any long term difference which is what the film said too.

There have been experiments that show that different music does have differing effects on plants if it's played to them non stop for a lengthy period of time.

Mentioned it before, This page covers things like that

http://www.cerebromente.org.br/n15/mente/musica.html

I've just scanned it but if there's anything that interests you there guess you can always Google and find out the complete story behind what the guy's written. Might come back and read it myself ... might not. I know what I need to at the moment and I've written about it before .. but this page might go further into it for people who are interested and want a point of reference.

I was asked if there were any really good sites to follow the sun .. so to speak. This one looks interesting because of the pictures that are put up.

http://solarcycle24.com/index2.htm

I expect it's going to be in and out of the news though as it has been for the past two or three years. It's been here quite a while and it's not a story that's going to go away just now I guess. I sometimes write about it when it appears in the news or something relative to it does .. sometimes other related topics, It's more or less what I started writing about with my first blog.

My attitude is that it's best to be cautious. Overall the data problem is a pain .. but surely it can be sorted out. There have been enough people working on different projects over the years for it all to be put back together again bit by bit I'd've thought even if it has been lost in umpteen piles and piles of paperwork at source. There must be other paperwork/discs/computers that it can be sorted out from.