Thursday, March 25, 2010

Keep on truckin'

Hospital isn't the best of places at times .. though I do know another drug that I'm allergic to. Just popping on here for a minute or to as a bit of encouragement for my friends who I don't email and for people who've followed the blog and, if they've taken ANY notice at all of what I said before will now know where I'm coming from, and, will know as much as I do .. through having read Emma's book and books on coincidences .. extended or not .. the only difference being whether they've experienced similar things and gone on to investigate for themselves.

As I explained before and Emma's book does too by giving so many examples .. this seems to be a subject where proof is personal .. but her book is full of accounts by people telling their stories .. it's the best place to start I reckon and then go on to study other facets .. no one can really prove anything to anyone else .. dunno why it works that way .. but you only have to read that book to realise that's the way it is .. and to see how personalised the experiences are to the individual.

I was going to read another of her books but it seems likely that the person selling decided she didn't want to part with it after all when she had a closer look and I left it at that. I have one book that has satisfied me on the subject.

I do wonder why the experiences are so personalised and that no proof comes down .. such as ectoplasm or something like that which would really give proof .. the experiences are personalised to such an amazing extent aren't they that they seem like a personal connection between "spirit" or whatever term you use for the possibility to occur, and the individual and their close friends who know whether they can be sure about it all. One of the reasons I think Emma's book is brilliant because it was part of a uni study with loads of people writing in .. a few doing a piss take but most honest.

I also realised that any honest book on the subject is probably only going to be read seriously by people who are interested through their own experiences and those who have a genuine interest in it all and are exploring and trying to make their own minds up.

I don't know .. but I should imagine that most people who are genuinely interested usually have experiences somewhere along the way that make them think and wonder.

Emma is wonderful!!!

Someone once said to me .. she's passed over now .. from cancer .. and I only knew her on the net .. that she reckoned that only about 5% of people would bother to search and all that might entail .. it's hard work for something you feel sure about but which isn't tangible in the same way as our surroundings are on the Earth .. can't quite remember her exact wording or really all that the 5% covered. I thought it would be more .. say 25%.

I feel quite sure that there's something else .. but don't understand it .. all I can do is to encourage people who do have a genuine interest in the subject, as I do myself, to carry on reading .. and, as I'm just one fallible human being .. the best way to potter along the path is a selection of stories from people who don't know each other who, mostly, just tried to help someone with their studies and investigations into the subject .. thinking that would be all they were doing .. and then discovering that other people had similar stories to tell.

At the moment I'm quite interested in the personalization of experiences and the different ways this could be experienced .. if at all ofcourse.