Saturday, April 03, 2010

Saturday

Done my reading for today too. Have been around lots of sites from universities, schools of medicine, blogs, to book reviews etc, etc. Lots leaving more questions.

Wondered whether to call a doc in last night again but in the end decided that it wasn't necessary. Will get in touch with my GP and the hospital at the beginning of next week though.

Will have to write things down before I do to make sure I don't end up putting the phone down only to realise that I've forgotten something.

I am still wondering about what I was thinking about last night. There are quite a few things that I'd like to know. Knowing that people had lied .. in one case because what they said was physically/medically impossible by a long way .. made me broaden the way I was thinking. Also realizing that categorizing experiences is all over the place.

I was reading what a well known priest had to say about an experience he had while very ill in hospital. It was categorised as a NDE .. though it had happened while he was very ill though conscious. He said that he'd always been very skeptical about this kind of thing after reading about them. He said he was aware of his state of consciousness and lucidity at the time. He felt that he was sitting up though he was aware that physically he was lying down. After the experience was over .. it was more than just an OBE .. but not what I would think of as a NDE .. he tested his awareness as a reaction to his experience after it had happened and didn't have any problems.

Last night I wondered what it would be like if I tried to create a comfort zone in my mind .. an invented place that would correspond with my hopes and beliefs of what and where I'll be passing over to. I thought this after reading an article on CSI .. the committee for skeptical inquiry. Ofcourse I was aware of what I was trying to do. I didn't find it a good experience.

I suppose I should join a couple of organizations. Will think about it. I was told about one. Forgotten what it's called but I expect I'll soon find it.

Also I'm going to read a few papers on the subject that cover quite a bit of research.