Sunday, April 04, 2010

Sunday

Was up a lot again last night .. but did get to sleep eventually and slept for about five hours which was quite a bit more than I was expecting.

I read a bit while I was up ... mainly book reviews though I did read a few people's descriptions of their NDEs as well.

Going by what the reviewers had to say about the books I ended up agreeing with the people who only gave one star to a book rather than a larger number for most of the books. Added a couple more that I liked from the descriptions this morning though.

Read a couple of accounts of NDEs too. I wondered how one of them could even remotely be called a NDE to start off with and as for the description of the NDE I suspect that the priest I mentioned yesterday would have the same problems with it that I did. I believed what the priest had to say about his NDE that night in hospital. The feeling of sitting up while he knew he was really lying down happened at the start of a short experience that was similar to experiences that could be termed as NDEs. He was very ill .. had just come out of intensive care but was conscious and lucid. And was aware that he was and that it wasn't a dream.

After reading the book reviews I found, from their descriptions, that I was agreeing with the people who gave them one star rather than those who were going up towards five. The night's reading almost made me decide to give up looking any further into the subject.

I do believe in life after death though I do have the same problems about it that I did when I didn't. If you've read the books I've mentioned along with related stuff on the internet and have come to the conclusion that their is life after death you could probably be in the same position as me. Someone has contacted me through a friend who has done that because he still had these other questions buzzing round his head. The only difference between us is that I have had similar experiences described in the one of the books so I had my own experience to confirm that things like this could happen and he hadn't. I said that I wished that I could give him personal experience but all I could do was to say that, from my own experience, I could assure him that this sort of thing was for real and he said that, from what my friend had told him, it was much the same thing .. if not better!! lol!!

I told him about my personal reality check .. my "proof" .. it's only proof for me because I'm the person who it relates to and I know it's the truth. I guess you could say the same about everyones experiences but for a lot of people the proof is just in a memory and there is nothing else to remind them. It has nothing to do with how important the actual experience is in how I might think about it, it's just having something a bit more tangible to remind me and keep it fresh in my mind. Someone who's known me a very long time and who is rather poorly at the moment is looking after it for me.

I guess the people who lie about it don't believe in life after death because there's no comfort in lies because I know in my position it would bring no comfort at all, Was kinda referring to that last night. I'm fully aware of how ill I am but lying about things wouldn't bring any comfort. The truth does though. Doesn't mean that I'm free from worries and doubts but it does seem to have changed my attitude a lot. I think I would be more or less the same if I'd read the first book I read by Emma and the first book that Dr Moody wrote .. read more on the net about everything I could think of connected to the subject and listened to what other people had to tell me about their experiences. I'm pretty sure that I'd've come to the conclusions I have about the possibility of it being true. It's nice to have first hand experience .. at least I know that this kind of thing does happen regardless of the liars out there .. but it's more of a plus than a necessity. I would have reached the same conclusion from what's out there with or without personal experience to back it up.