Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Resiliance

Resiliance is the new buzz word at work in this country then. Guess it's missing around the place then if it has to be mentioned at all. Generally means the ability to bounce back. It's certainly been discussed for quite a long time as if it's something that's not working too well at the moment.

Someone said that I'm one of the most resiliant people they'd ever met. I said, to be honest, that I thought it depended on the circumstances. But that a lot of the resiliance I have just comes from experience. If you get out there and do things then you're bound to pick up coping skills and I've also learnt a lot from other people when they've told me how things they've done have worked out .. but I think that needs to be mixed with personal experience too.

Some of it would be genetic .. but I think experience and learning from that experience and other people's experiences helps too.

Must say that I don't feel very resiliant this morning as I've a bit of a cold.